January 23, 2012

Kitchen Organizing Makes for Happy Mornings!







It's a new week and a great time for checking how our house organizing routines are going.


One of my most important daily home organizing routines, for an enjoyable morning, happens the "night before". This is the time of the day, right after dinner, while the boys are in the shower, when I organize the kitchen and get things done, so when I wake up for a new day, things are all lined up and I'm a happy camper!


So here are my simple home organizing tips on getting your mornings easier and who knows, stress free.


1 - Clean up the sink and get everything in the dishwasher, ready to go. If you wash your dishes, five minutes of drying and putting away will give you a clean counter top and a smile of satisfaction the next morning. I guarantee!


2 - Wash your sink with a soapy sponge and leave it grease free! One minute and you are done.


3 - Dust off and wipe your counters with a spray. I use Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day and I love all the scents of this line. A clean, clutter free kitchen counter is a half-way organized kitchen!


4 - Set the table for breakfast. In my case, spoons, bowls and containers with cereal and I'm set. The boys are big helpers and love to wake up - usually before I do and just grab the milk to enjoy their breakfast.


5 - Do you send school lunches? I do and you know how hectic it can get in the morning, so make sure the kids bring the lunch boxes after school to the kitchen. Now prepare everything you can do ahead of time, like PB&J sandwiches, snacks, boxed drinks and get it organized and out of the way. Keep the refrigerated items in the fridge, but all together and ready to go. If I send cheese sticks, ketchup, hot-dog, then I place it all together in a small box in the fridge.


Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, Black6 - The perks of an organized kitchen? I get to enjoy my coffee! I set the coffee maker the night before with filter, coffee and water and when I wake up, it's ready. Even before having a programmable coffee maker, I used to have it ready and on the push of a button I had my coffee.


Lastly, make sure the back packs are ready with homework, signed papers and that jackets, hats and shoes are also in place. All this takes me 30 minutes to get done, and I can tell you, it's all worth it!


How are your mornings? Tell me your struggles and we'll find a solution together! Let me know if this post helped you get a quieter and more enjoyable time in the morning. I look forward to hear from you.


Have a wonderful day!


Products in this post that make my Life Simpler! 




Cereal Containers
Cleaning Products - All clean and fresh!
Programmable Coffee Maker
Reusable Sandwich Wraps - I tried others, this one is great, easy to clean!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for coming by and I will love to hear your thoughts and comments. Thank you!